Ital Clutch Slave Cylinder Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ital Clutch Slave Cylinder Clip

Does anyone have going spare or know where I can get hold of, the spring clip that holds the clutch slave cylinder in place on a Morris Ital gearbox. I think the gearbox is actually one of the Triumoph family of boxes but I am prepared to be corrected. The Marina might also have the same clip. My slave cylinder rattles alarmingly without the clip.

Thaks in anticipation.

Cheers

Alna

Re: Ital Clutch Slave Cylinder Clip

If you can't get one try putting a Jubilee clip round it to hold it in place.

Comment

Good thought, that might work. Does the slave need to be rigid or does the spring clip afford some necessary flexing?

Thanks

Alan

Comment

No, it doesn't need to be rigid. Once pressure is applied it pushes back against the circular shoulder and sits tight. It just needs to be tight enough to stop any pushing in of the piston when not in operation. Hugh

Comment

Message originally posted by: Al Landsburgh
          Thanks Hugh. Jubilee clip applied and seems to have done the trick. Now on to the next problem.

Cheers Alan

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
            There should be a big spring inside the cylinder to provide enough pressure to kold it in place without rattling?

Comment

Hi Hugh

There is indeed a spring but I wouldn't describe it as big, as in providing lots of pressure. Perhaps it has failed since I looked at it last - about 8 weeks ago; posible I suppose. I don't fancy taking the gearbox out again to find out!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
                Presuming the Ital to be similar to the marina mechanically, then you dont need to remove the gearbox to remove the clutch slave cylinder. (Despite what the haynes manual might say.) The clutch operating arm can be levered out of the way with a suitable lever, then the push rod slips out and there is then just enough room to fiddle the cylinder out. My Repair operations manual for the Marina shows a tool a bit like a scissor jack to do the job.

Comment

Thanks Don that's very reassuring. I'm hoping that it won't come to having to remove the cylinder but if I do I now have a simple way ahead.

Cheers

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
                    Yup, we tried to do that (remove the slave without the 'box) when the slave cylinder pipe exploded last year. Ended up finding out the lever and thrust bearing had gone so had to drop the whole engine out to get to it.

Be careful when fiddling down there!

Comment

Working...
                    X