Trunnions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunnions

Does anybody know where I can get a near side trunnion repair kit. This is the sought that had a special threaded over sleeve to repair the original upright thread which is knackered.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Re: Trunnions

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
    I'd place a bet on this thread helping : http://www.marlinownersclub.com/forum.php?read=657&cat=0

Comment

Jon
      This info is now a few years old but nothing ventured---Walford Motor Services Unit 49,Wolverhampton Central Trading Services,Cable Street Wolverhampton WB2 2RL
      They used to supply exactly the item you require

Comment

Thanks guys for your help.
        Stefan - How much did you bet?!!!! No luck there.
        Walford MS couldn't help either. Nice bloke though. V helpful.
        Ordered new upright now. Should do the trick.
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
          Dunstable Motor Spares has them.
          01582 601288
          66 Union St
          Dunstable
          LU6 1EY

Comment

Advice from the Marina OC was to just whack a new standard trunnion on...reckoned it was usually the trunnion rather than the leg that wore out. Dunno if it's true but I stuck a pair of the Walford trunnions on a few years back before I heard this...
            Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
            Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Lee Hunter
              Hi Jon
              Dont know if you got sorted but i have just looked at ebay and there are a set oun there for not to much money yet

Regards
              lee Hunter

Comment

Working...
              X