Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash

Does anybody have a template or an old dash from a roadster they could produce one from ? I want to make a new dash but some jobs take me ages and I dont want to take the the old one out until I can bolt the new one in.

Cheers

Re: Dash

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
    I'm thinking of doing a similar thing, but I'm blowed if I can figure out how to take the old one off.

Mine looks like it's been screwed in then had the vinyl applied, then glued etc. If I manage to take it off when I have another look at it in a few weeks time, I'll send down the dimensions / template.

Comment

Thanks Stefan,
      mine looks like a sixties corner bar as featured in only fools and horses, a very fetching beige vynil with black and gold trim around the edge, it appears to have two studs on the left hand and right hand sides with nuts on the back that just unscrew.

Comment

I have a template that I have just literally made this weekend. Good timing or what! It is for a 1986 Marina based SWB roadster. I have attached a picture. If it is what you are looking for then contact me at [email protected]
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Just try that again.
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
          - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

chris,i have an original ply dash blank[no apertures] as supplied in roadster kit.

Comment

hi Alan,
              is it the same as the one shown in Jon's photo above?

Comment

Pretty much,as far as i can tell,Just that it is a complete blank so you can position instruments to your own taste

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
                  Can the dash be removed without removing the scuttle?

Comment

Hi Don,
                    as far as I can see there are either two or four bolts at either end, when I loosended mine and removed the steering wheel, it was very loose and held in by the wiring loom and guages.

It is the guages and wiring that take the time to deal with.

Comment

Hi alan,

I have got to come up your way in a couple of weeks time, lets organise to meet up cdscoot(at)yahoo.co.uk

Comment

Just posted a response to a question about fitting a new speedo, and then I find this thread. My dash seems to have been thie first thing fitted, and I'm b****d if I can find out how it is held in - when I find a bolt head the nut end seems to be hidden inside something else, and to take that off..........so it goes on.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
                          My what a slow thread........
                          I am just fitting a new dash myself, I started by making a cheap ply one to trial fit. If anyone wants it when I am done they are welcome. My original dash was screwed flush to the scuttle. I am setting mine back about 3/4 inch (19mm) on spacers using stainless domeheads. It looks quite neat so far. Will send post photos when done.

Comment

Working...
                          X