Speedometer cable replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedometer cable replacements

Hi my speedo cable just snapped on my 1.8 single carb roadster with fourspeed box does anyone know of a supplier (does the cable from the MGB fit).I have managed to source odd parts before from my local Rover Dealers but unsure if this is still possible.
    the cable i have just removed had some numbers taped to it (17-5 91) and (417802) does anyone know if either of these is the part number. cheers

Re: Speedometer cable replacements

Message originally posted by: lee hunter
    Hi Mike
    Give me a ring tomorrow and i may have one of these that i no longer need

Regards
    Lee
    ps are you up for a quite drive around the lakes in july.......

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
      There were two on ebay as well when I flicked through yesterday

Failing that, there is a old Morris repair place across the river from me, if you need it, email me and I'll pass the details on.

Comment

If all else fails then these guys can help.
        http://www.speedycables.co.uk/
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Thanks all for your help. Bob jackson came up with Earl Part LTD a check on there website gave me the phone number and said part was delivered within 24 hrs. under ?15 including p&p. It took longer to fit because I had to re route the cable to lose some of the sharp bends that caused the break.(Lee) I am up for a Drive round the Lakes any weekend name the Pub and I will meet you and any one else that would like to turn up. (The Queens at Troutbeck is very nice and central)

Comment

When my last one broke Halfords got me one within a day. Took me a lot longer to get round to fitting it though.

Comment

Working...
            X