Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Rack

Message originally posted by: Rod Walmsley
    The set up on the Ford Sierra rack means that on full turning circle, the tyres hit the chassis as there are no stops. Mark's answer is to fit jubilee clips to the end of the rack (under the gaitors), to stop the rack short! Can't believe it! Can imagine an insurance inspectors report in the unfortunate event of a fatal accident! Any ideas other than welding stops to the chassis and rack?

Re: Steering Rack

Message originally posted by: Geoff Thorpe
    Hi Rod,I experienced the same problem and are sure everyone else has.I found out when i scored my brand new wheels on the antiroll bar links.I blame myself for not checking first.Not happy using jubilee clips ,i waited till the car was fully built and ride height was set.I then removed the rack boots and turned the steering as far into the left lock that would be required.I measured the distance between the back of the right ball joint cup and rack tube.I then machined a collar to fit arround the rack ram,and seccured with grub screws,repeating for the other side.Hope this makes sense ?For more details contact me at geofthr(at)aol.com i may have pictures i can send you.
    regards Geoff.

Comment

Hi Geoff!

Thanks very much for your response - most helpfull and strange enough I was thinking of something along those lines, but your suggestion finishes of the thought process. Good news is that I know it will work! Thanks very much once more!

Incidentally, has your Sportster gone through the SVA and if so, with Aero or Full Tilt Screen?

Comment

Message originally posted by: Geoff Thorpe
        Hi Rod,
        My sportster passed sva test september 2004.I have a full tilt screen fitted but removed it for test, and would advise you to do the same as it will fail on a couple of points.Just borrow a skid lid as those bugs really hurt.

Comment

Ha, ha! Thanks Geoff!

Tried to contact you through your email address, but regrettably got 'bounced'! Can you confirm through rod.walmsley(at)ukonline.co.uk

Thanks once again - another success for the Forum!

Regards, Rod

Comment

Working...
          X