Sportster Windscreen replacement advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportster Windscreen replacement advice

Has anybody here got any advise on replacing the glass in a Sportster Windscreen surround based on personal experience?
    Terry at Marlin has suggested I get a piece of glass cut at a local supplier and fit it myself.
    What grade and thickness of laminated glass should I be asking for?
    Anybody know the exact size? (I've emailed a question to Terry)
    Any good tips on removing the old glass without damaging the ali surround? (I've ordered some silicone sealer remover)
    What sealant should be used? Automotive RTC?
    Should I fit any plastic or rubber spacers between the glass and aluminium surround before sealing? (I've seen a reference to using split tubing?)

Finally, has anybody got a spare windscreen glass for sale?

thanks,

Peter

Re: Sportster Windscreen replacement advice

Just replaced my sportster screen by local windscreen company they collected the whole unit cut fitted and returned the unit the next day any prob's call me 07831561121 Andrew

Comment

Thanks, Andrew.

Can you give me some idea of the type of glass they fitted and what they charged?

Comment

Call me, Andrew

Comment

Hi Peter

I broke my Cabrio screen whilst fitting the screen surround. I ended up with a guy from Autowindscreens making me one and coming and fitting it. They have all the right tools for removal, cleaning, applicators and sealants etc - and it doesn't cost much more than trying to do it all yourself.

Comment

Hi Mike, thanks for the feedback.
            I've had one quote so far for £140 plus VAT.and it's £90 excess on my insurance policy. Autowindscreens didn't reply (yet?)to my on-line request. I'll try a few more suppliers...
            thanks

Peter

Comment

Working...
            X