Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many BMW Powered Sportsters has Marlin Sold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many BMW Powered Sportsters has Marlin Sold?

How many BMW powered Sportsters has Marlin sold.

Does the MOC Sportster or Membership committee member (Mike Coombes or Derek Jones?) have an up to date list, with names of current owners?

If we can't get that info from Marlin or the club, maybe if everyone with a beemer powered sportster joins this group:

We'd find out.

Comment

HI Mike, my sportster was built in 2004/5 with a BMW 2.5i engine. I painted it blue, and I organise Marlins in the Marches.

Comment

Hi Mike, the easiest way to find out how many BMW based Sportster have been sold is to ask Terry at Marlin. There is no list as such and the committee would only know about MOC Members. It is difficult to guage how may are actually on the road, without asking every person who has purchased a kit if they have finished or sold their's as I know personally of 4 BMW Sportsters which have not yet been built/finished.

Mike C

Comment

BMW powered Sportsters

Hi
          I only have an approximate list of Cabrio/Hunter cars some of which are BMW powered (11 of the 177 i have any data on)

Comment

Hi Rob

As you have a BMW engine in your Sportster I assume you have a Marlin pedal box, and a Metro servo fitted?

Several of us on Madabout kitcars have been looking at improving the brakes on Marlin pedal box/metro servo cars, and have recently tested a Dual diaphragm brake servo which is almost a direct swap for the metro servo. The improvement in the feel of the brake pedal is quite significant.
            I am currently ordering a batch of 20 from USA, and have firm orders for 16 off currently. I am putting together a simple adaptor kit, at a total cost of around £100 - ie at cost from the suppliers.

If you have the Metro servo, and would like the comfort of safer brakes, then have a look at the Dual 7" servo on madabout.

Dual 7" Servo Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

If you know anyone else with a Sportster who would like better brakes, please pass on this message.

Comment

Derek

How many of the Cabrio owners have M50 engines?

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike
                of the 11, I have 1 M20 , 1 M30 and 1 M50.
                I've stopped asking for data.
                DJ

Comment

Hi Mike
                  I think you are the 1 M50!!!!!!
                  DJ

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the email - Please add me to the list - and let me know when you want funds.

Rob

Comment

Re: How many BMW Powered Sportsters has Marlin Sold?

Hi Rob

I have just been back through this thread , and noted your request for one of the Dual 7" servos.
                      Are you one of the guys who now has one of these, or have I managed to miss sending one out to you?
                      I have one left if you are still interested, with special adaptor plate and clevis?
                      Depending on the mater Cylinder you have, you may need to obtain a new Ford unit (£60), but the test results of the new set up have proved to be very positive -
                      Braking distance at 70mph with the Metro servo from : 210 feet
                      Braking distance at 70mph with new Dual 7" servo : 103 feet, and with less leg effort.

Tel: 01775 680450
                      Mob : 07968 835101

Have a look on the madabout site for the response to the kits!

Dual 7" Servo Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Comment

Re: How many BMW Powered Sportsters has Marlin Sold?

Rob

I have posted your servo kit off today, including servo, adaptor plate, adjustable heavy duty clevis, and a 6mm spacer if you want to make use of it.

Good luck, and let us all know what you think of your brakes when fitted.

regards
                        Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X