Chassis Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis Number

Good old DVLA, having just mot'd the car I have received a letter asking for the chassis number and "not the one from the log book", very gracious though they have admitted they have the problem. However it is me that has to locate it, fill in the form and send it back.

On talking to the mot station they feel it is all down to the new live computer link used to mot cars now. So be warned you need to have this with you in future.

That said does anybody have an idea where the chassis number is on the marina based roadster?

Thanks

Re: Chassis Number

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
    On mine it's underneath the bonnet on the passenger section, left hand side - pop-rivetted little piece of rusted mild steel I presume. I understand that the common place however is on the passenger side front bumper mount.

If you have any information from the original builder it's on all the letters between the builder & Marlin tho, which is handy

Comment

Thanks Stefan,
      I knew I had seen it somewhere, but guess what the number is the same as on the log book.

Thanks again

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
        mines something in the region of ####-LL (where # is a number and LL is a couple of letters). Should really have said that earlier

Comment

It should have a chassis no on plate welded to front of nearside chassis rail above tie rod fixing,at least that's where mine was

Comment

Message originally posted by: Jim Mountain
            Mine is in the same place as alans, left side of the chassis above the tie rod and is four letters.

what the mot tester told you about the chassis number is rubbish, quoteing from the mot testers manual (section 6.8) "A vehicle identification number (vin or chassis number) is required on all vehicles first used on or after 1 august 1980, EXCEPT those which are :- (i) KIT CARS (ii) AMATEUR BUILT VEHICLES"

Comment

My MOT says 'not found' and have had no letters from the DVLA, although after a steam clean I have now located it!

Comment

Working...
              X