Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo

Message originally posted by: Julian Haines
    Any 'youngsters' out there who understand stereo equipment? I want to have music in the car but without the traditioonal head unit in the dashboard. I am thinking along the lines of an MP3 player or Ipod in my pocket with a loose lead plugged into the dashboard somewhere. Can I then use one of the multitude of amplifiers available to drive a pair of speakers?

Re: Stereo

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
    Yep.

The iPod simply chucks out music which can be connected up to anything, the amplifiers simply take in the music, increase the power and send it to speakers. The problem you have is that the iPod and similar don't give that great a sound quality from the headphone jack so you need to use line-out and if you do this, you have no volume control. Hence, you need a pre-amp (www.maplin.co.uk kit VE22Y is a cheapy) which is essentially a variable resistor.

It's not hard to set all up, the problem you will have is finding places to site the amp - it needs to be kept cool and dry...

Comment

Re: Stereo

You may want to look at one of these:
      http://www.dension.com/dmp3_info.htm

Can mounted anywhere, then have a small optional controller stuck within reach. The system is great in operation - I have the more traditional DH100 version in my daily driver.

Comment

Working...
      X