engine change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine change

If I change my Ford Pinto engine in my old Berlinetta for a Rover K series engine what are the problems, will I have to get the car through the Single vehicle test?

Does any one where where I can get a bell converter plate?

Cheers Roger

Re: engine change

Message originally posted by: B Gadd
    Hi Roger. Your Berlinetta sounds as if it was in service long before the SVA came into being, and seems to be exempt .I believe you can do anything to the car as long as its legal, safe and will pass the MOT.. I cannot help you with your request for an engine plate to mount the Rover unit. I have nt heard of it being done, suggest you try YKC Engineering and ask Don Burt. Regards B Gadd

Comment

Hello Roger
      Try Caterham's, they have put the K on to different gearbox's

Comment

Message originally posted by: Terence
        These guys fit Rover K series engines to Ford gearboxs. I was thinking of doing a similar thing myself have just started looking for a berlinetta. Terence

Comment

Message originally posted by: Terence
          oops sorry you need this link http://www.jlhmorrisminors.co.uk/pages/price.html
          Terence

Comment

Message originally posted by: Phil Foreman
            There are many companies that offer a bellhousing to ford gearbox. However as a former Rover worker I know that a section requires grinding off the cylinder block to accomodate the starter motor (sadly i dont know how much), which is a Ford Transit Auto starter motor. Another thing if you are running the standard ECU ensure that you obtain the 5AS (alarm immobiliser) unit that went with that particular ECU otherwise you could encounter problems. I would also strongly recommend a competition head gasket and ensure that it is very well cooled.

Comment

Working...
            X