Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the trials people

Message originally posted by: Matthew Sykes
    Why is it recommended to fit Van rear springs, aren't they too stiff and restrictive on articulation?
    Matthew

Re: Question for the trials people

Matthew - Interesting point, and I do understand where you're coming-from. Most trialling Marlins are being used for classic trials, rather than production car trials, and the use of minimum tyre pressure restrictions is now almost universal. This means that most trialling Marlins carry a LOT of ballast at the back and the car springs are just not up to the load. Although the amount of ballast that they carry is probably the preparation issue on which competitors stay most tight-lipped, you'll find that there is probably more movement in the rear suspension of a fully trialled-prepared Marlin than there is in a road-standard car on car springs. A PCT-only prepared car may be different, however.

Comment

Message originally posted by: jim mountain
      what is the diffrence between the two types of spring ?

Comment

Van springs are stronger and stiffer but I don't have any specification data to hand, and I gave my car springs away years ago so can't go out to the garage and compare the two side-by-side.

Comment

Working...
        X