Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre pressures

Message originally posted by: Kev Dawson
    can anyone advise me on the correct tyre pressure for my berli?

Re: Tyre pressures

Hi Kev,
    I run 18psi front and 20psi rear. It took me a while to experiment from fairly high, 24psi all round and low, 14psi upwards. My figures of 18/20 seem to give my car the best compromise. The tyres are Vredensteins 205/70 16. Handling is superb but it is possible to lock up the wheels under extreme braking despite the lowish pressures.

I hope this helps.
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi Kev.. experience seems to show that Dane is about right I run my car on 185/80 x15 ,which is the same circumference as 205 however I run at 20 front & 22 rear .Hope that helps

Comment

Message originally posted by: kev
        Thanx guys, had the alignment done to +2 but still showing signs of wear on both outer and inner tread but nothing in the middle. am running on Vredsteins 185/80 x 15, so will try dropping the pressure as I've had 32psi front and 30 psi back, will keep you posted , many regards kev

Comment

Hi Kevin,
          If your tyres are wearing on both edges, inner and outer edges on the same tyre, then your tyre pressures are TOO low. The opposite happens if you overinflate, all wear in the centre region because the tyre "balloonns.

Roger

Comment

Working...
          X