Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

Message originally posted by: Don Sayers
    Adrian Flux have started adding a ?15 adminstration charge when you renew your insurance. They also impose this charge when you ring them to inform them of a change of address (which you are obliged to do).
    These charges do not seem to form part of the quote they give but have cost me ?30 pounds this year.
    I may not be renewing with them.
    Has anyone had similar experiances with the other companies in the kit-car market?

Re: Insurance

Backford Bloor do similar, they have just charged me a tenner admin fee for renewal (from memory they did last year as well).

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
      Most companies who service the "proper" car sector do this - every time you need to amend details etc. I'm with Graham Sykes and they don't (and I get great service to boot!).

One way round it would be to cancel your insurance, call back and take out a new policy

Comment

Yep, Graham Sykes seem to best AND cheapest. I'm just renewing for fully comp, SDP & commuting, mileage 3000 and legal protection thrown in, all for ?133.05

Comment

Mine is ?127 including admin fee for fully comp / agreed value / legal prot etc... thro Backford.

Comment

I have just had my renewal from Adrian Flux and was not impressed with the ?159 asked for my bog-standard Roadster. They do, however, claim to beat any equivelent qoute. Graham Sykes qouted ?134 so I put that to Adrian Flux and they came back with a counter qoute of 129.99. I took that one. It is worth checking around and asking your agent to at least price match. I have no problem moving insurers but this way I don't have the hastle of getting a new agreed value etc.

Comment

Adrian Flux wanted ?188 including breakdown and personel accident cover.So I shopped around then went back to Adian flux after Footman James offered same policy for ?148 then A/F did the policy for ?115.Oct 2004

Comment

Message originally posted by: A Cynic
                Just been through the same process, my revised quote even being with the same underwriter! I guess there is an optimum level of overcharging where enough people just pay up to maximise profits. The claim to beat any equivelent quote means they can push this a bit further without losing too many customers. The quote is an assessment not of risk but of how much they think they can get away with ripping us off.

Comment

True, their first quote is with maximum commission. They'll cut it to the bone to win the business as I guess something is better than nothing. Have you ever noticed how when they ask for 'your best quote so far' they always come in just under?!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
                    Adrian Flux now want ?25 for renewals/adjustments are they taking the p**s or what?

Comment

Just got my renewal and in spite of the NCB going up from 4 to 5 years (which I thought was a significant number), it is exactly the same as last year - ?133.

Anybody got insurance recently? How much are we all paying this year?

p.s. tried Adrian F*** and needless to say they were not competitive, didn?t even offer the beat my renewal

p.p.s I wonder if anyone will find this thread right down here!

Comment

Working...
                      X