Champiro tyre pressures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champiro tyre pressures

The Cabrio manual recommends a tyre pressure of 22 psi all round. I have Champiro tyres. The data sheet for these can be found at http://www.gt-tires.com/tire.asp?cat=Passenger+Car&sub=All+Season+High +Performance&pat=Champiro+65. This lists the pressure range as 26 to 35.

I can?t find pressure ranges for any other manufactures tyres they all refer to the car?s manual to get pressure info. 22 psi does not seem an unusually low figure. But I do not want to risk pulling a tyre off the rim. I currently have it set to 25 psi and check it regularly. I plan to lower it a little more soon and see if the pressure is maintained.

There has been some discussion of tyre pressures on the Berlinetta forum. They are recommending pressures of between 18 and 22psi.

Has any body else seen this problem? What pressures do you recommend?

Re: Champiro tyre pressures

Hi Paul
    I think it may depend alot on wether tyres are soft or hard compound and their section.I`ve got Goodyear F1`s and put 20 in all round and being soft compound and 55 section (16&quot that was way too soft.As I`ve only done 35miles in mine so far Ican`t really judge! There`s 28F & 30R at moment and I`ll suck it and see. Good luck Chris

in all round, being soft compound and 55 section (16&quotit felt very wrong

Comment

Re: Champiro tyre pressures

Message originally posted by: Derek (tech Rep)
      Hi Paul
      I ran my first two sets of tyres at 25psi but they were wearing the centre out first. This set is at 22psi and seems to be wearing more evenly.
      They do seem to squirm on the road more, but the handling is the same.
      I guess that with such a light car compared with saloons the pressures will have to be lower to ensure a footprint on the road

Comment

Working...
      X