Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seats

Just about to purchase a pair of seats for my Cabrio which are from a Suzuki Cappuccino sports car. I have seen them fitted in a Berlinetta and the dimensions look spot on. I will have to get them recovered but thats no problem. Just wondered before I went ahead if anybody had found or used any other production car seats which were a good fit into the Cabrio.

I really like the early seats Marlin supplied but they are no longer available, they only do seats now with the fixed integral headrest which I am not too keen on and at ?600 a pair I need to be keen!. I have tried to find some early Marlin seats second hand to recover but can't find anyone with a pair for sale. ( Apart from Paul.B who offered me his but then ignored all my emails regards actually buying them. I gues you changed your mind Paul but if not please get in touch).

Any input most welcome.

Re: Seats

Well I now have the Cappuccino seats and they are in a word fantastic. A perfect fit into the car and much wider and more supportive than any of the offerings from Richfield, Corbeau. If your looking for seats I would advise anyone to consider these, they are hard to find but worth the effort and even after getting them recovered in leather they will stand me 2/3 of the cost of the alternatives.

Comment

John,
      Can you tell me how wide these seats are at the base please?
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
      - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Hi Jon

Sorry for the delay in replying I have been away in France on holiday until today. The seats are a maximum of 450mm to the outside edges of the seat base side bolstors. All the tilt and recline handles etc are inboard of the seats and so are within the 450mm. The seat back is 470mm maximum at its widest point to the outside edges of the bolstors, again nothing sticks out beyond this. I have found it best to use the drivers seat as passenger and vice versa, that way the tilt and recline handles are against the transmission tunnel which allows plenty of room around the Cabrio seat belt mounts. The headrest has a seat belt guide which ends up on the wrong side by swapping the seats but the headrests swap straight over to correct this.

Regards

John

Comment

I have bought Cobra Seven seats which are very neat for my narrow waist, and fit fine in my lwb cabrio. Vauxhall omega centre console usefull too, with integral electric Window switches.

Comment

Working...
          X