SW register please note!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW register please note!

When I went to the Ley Arms on 11th March with Peter Lister the doors were all locked, no information signs on the doors and no sign of life!

The Ley Arms website now says “The Ley Arms is now closed for extensive maintenance works and will be re-opening in June 2012” which belatedly explains what has happened.

In March We diverted to the Twisted Oak at Ide and enjoyed good food.

Worth bearing in mind for subsequent meets.
    Peter.Hunters at March SW Meet3.jpg

Re: SW register please note!

Hi Peter, can you add this to the calendar?

Comment

Hi all, Peter has arranged this Sunday's (13 May) SW Marlins meet at the Half Moon, Sheepwash. Meet at 1200. I've dried the car out from the Stoneleigh trip and hope for sunshine this week end.
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Well we had sunshine in plenty for the SW Register meet at Sheepwash! Dane & Cheryl and Buddy travelled up from Cornwall in their Berli and Nila and myself went down from Exeter. Noel and Julia who live just up the road also joined us and a good time was had by all at the Half Moon. Many thanks to Noel and Julia for the bonus treat of a relaxing couple of hours, complete with most welcome cups of tea, coffee and home made cakes, surveying their estate from the terrace . Peter.

Buddy.jpgSW Meet May12.jpg

Comment

It as come to my notice that The Ley Arms has re-opened.

This may mean that the old regular meetings held there will be re-estabished.
          I suppose someone must have contact with the Exeter Motor Club to find out.

Then details can be added to the Club Calendar or Pitstop, whether it's the Ley Arms, Twisted Oak or Half Moon that is chosen as a venue.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I thought it would be best to stick this here.

The latest issue of Pitstop Aug/Sept 2012 has the wrong dates for the Great Western Kit Car Show

The dates on the forum calendar are correct and reference the source information.

I do not live in the area but have family close by so I have an interest.

Perhaps whoever is responsible for the Exeter (SW meeting) can double check and confirm as people have already travelled to the Ley Arms only to find it closed.
            It would be useful to all if the info published in Pitstop was as up to date and accurate as possible for obvious reasons.

Last edited by stevejgreen; 07-08-12, 10:50 PM.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Pleased to see that you SW Marlineers seem to have been getting out and about sampling the delights of several alternative hostelries during the closure of the Ley Arms!

Steve Green states that the pub has now reopened so could you kindly advise if meetings will again be at this regular venue in order that I may update your "Pitstop" entry?
              No worries if you wish to continue your nomadic approach to meetings, but either way somone to come forward as a contact point I'm sure will be appreciated.
              Let me know soonest if you can, the next issue is currently in preparation.

Also, again with thanks to Steve, I will correct the dates of the Exeter show in the next magazine, the incorrect dates having been carried over from the April/May issue.

Many thanks,
              John Mulvaney

Comment

Working...
              X