potential new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• potential new member

Email received from new registrant today...

Hi Cameron,

I am intresting in buying a Marlin Sportster in the near future, so I would really lke to ask a few questions. But I cannot reply to any posts, and I cannot post any threads to get more info. How can I do this?

Thanks

I have asked that any questions be sent to me and I will pop them on the forum...
    If anyone knows of sporsters for sale I will also pass on your details if you want

ttfn

Re: potential new member

Cameron,

There is already one Sportster for sale in this very section, look at V8 Sportster for sale, I believe its Jono's dads car. However, I remember him thinking about selling it before but the price was OTT. Obviously didn't really want to sell it.
    The buyer will have to be patient, one will come along at a sensible price.

Or he could contact Danny who is in contact with the owner of a part built one for sale

Comment

My dads is still available & FYI the price is not OTT - being a 3.5 V8 it is very rare and any interested party can contact either of us to ask for more details etc. Details in Pitstop etc but like most it needs to be seen to be fully appreciated. We are not desperate to sell but if someone wants a 3.5 V8 it is available. Danny is aware as well as Terry @ Marlin, it isn't advertised anywhere but here as yet but might be later in the year.

Jono

Comment

Guys, you are missing the point.

Yes the potential new member is interested in buying a Sportster.
        But would like to be able to ask a few questions, presumably so that he is aware of the options etc. before he buys.
        But he can't do that on this forum without spending £17.50.

Should we direct him to Madabout where he can ask as many questions as he likes for free?
        (and probably get the same answers from the same people!)
        Last edited by stevejgreen; 29-04-12, 03:12 PM.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hi Jono,

Didn't mean to upset you, but when I was looking I thought the price was OTT at the time, so I carried on looking and eventually found one at a reasonable price. Granted you don't get a big V8 Sportster everyday but each Sportster or indeed any Marlin is unique in its way. Hope you get whatever it is you are asking for it.

Interesting though that the interested party cannot find out the information he needs without joining the club. Same dilema I was in when I was looking, which is why I went to the Madabout forum. I could ask loads of questions and did. Bit different from here.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
            Guys, you are missing the point.
            Steve, Clearly it's for him to say, but I've a strong suspicion that Cameron isn't missing the point at all.
            Best Wishes
            Bill Williams
            Berlinetta

[/COLOR]Click here for The nearest thing I have to a home page

Comment

This is the very reason why people use madabout rather than this site. And once you are on madabout why bother with a site that is not welcominig and open?

Comment

Oh dear here we go again.

Comment

Cameron, is this the same gentleman as before?

Comment

No Danny its a new person. Obviously he will be able to see these posts but I have said he will have to ask me to post or contact members on his behalf

Comment

Working...
                    X