Door cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door cables

Does anyone know which bowden cable is used for the LWB doors using the Marlin Galvo door panels with the elbow recess. I took over the build of my car and it already had the door locks and bowden cable fitted to the door with the interior door handle connected to the cable. When I have come to fit door panels I realised the cables were too short to reach the mounting in the Galvo panel. Trouble is I am not sure if the existing cable is from the Sierra front or rear door, I obviously need the opposite of what I have but I don't know which I have fitted.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit confused, basically is it the front Sierra door cable or the rear that should be used for the LWB doors using the Marlin Galvo panel with the elbow recess.

Any info most appreciated, its a real shame you can't just turn up at the breakers and wander around to find the bits you need as you used to be able to. It made things like this a damm lot easier to resolve.

Re: Door cables

John

I had the same problem, tried cables came from two different Sierras. I solved the problem by making the cable 3inches long. To be truthfull I ask my Dad to do it for me - he likes to be helpful. The cable was cut close to the internal door handle; the internal wire was extended by a piece of similar diameter wire which was joined by silver soldering each end into a small length of brass tube. The outer was extended with a length of brass tube of similar diameter to the cable outer. This has worked well for the first door and the same modification was made for the other cable and I will be collecting that next weekend.

Comment

David

Thanks for the reply, Robin W from kent rang me tonight to advise the correct cable is the one from the Sierra rear door, so I'll now try to source a pair. If I can't then it looks like a trip down to the local bike shop to buy some cable to make up my own as you have done. Thanks for the response.

Regards

John

Comment

Hi John, if you want to save some pennies high tensile fencing wire works well. Regards C

Comment

I used the fitting from a Mk4 2 door Fiesta, from handle to lock

Comment

Working...
          X