Merlin Derbyshire Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merlin Derbyshire Event

Yes, I did say Merlin. A friend of mine is responsible for organising events for the Merlin Owners Club (the other MOC) and has suggested it would be idea to open them up to other clubs with similar style cars such as Marlins, JBAs, Moss, NGs etc, a bit like the old Running Board Club. Below are some basic details of one such event in Derbyshire from 13th to 17th September (4 nights).
    The suggested venue is Common End Farm at the Ashbourne end of Derbyshire. There is a choice of accommodation a) a barn with 6 en-suite rooms and shared other self-catering facilities, and b) caravanning or camping in an adjacent field. The cost for the barn is £830 in total for 4 nights, i.e. approx £140 per en-suite room if fully occupied. The cost for caravan or tent is £60 for 4 nights. Some pitches but not all have electrics. Not a big issue as the evenings will be spent in the barn. An interesting list of runs and activities has been planned but this will be subject to the weather. Anyone interested can contact me for further details or I can put you in touch with the organiser.

Re: Merlin Derbyshire Event

Thanks Geoff. Doug spoke to him at Stoneleigh. It would make a good end of summer weekend. Anyone up for it?

Comment

Hi Geoff/Liz. Sounds a good idea to me. I'd turn up for a run or a meet up on one of the days. David

Comment

I'd be interested on similair basis to David.

Comment

We would be interested in joining for the Sat as there is a landrover trial on the Sun which Doug is doing. I could do the Sun depending what their plans are.

Comment

The chap in the Merlin Owners club to contact for more detail is Barry Jones. His e-mail address is [email protected]
            A bit later on I'll post some more info on the forum.

Comment

Great idea please count us in

Comment

As mentioned earlier, here are a few details of the planned activities:-
                Fri 14th Drive out to Hadden Hall/Hulme End/Manifold Inn folk music festival
                Sat 15th & sun 16th Various options involving a drive out to a place of interst such as Renshaw Hall vineyard or well dressing at Hartington (I think the wells are already dressed)
                Things may get swapped around depending on the weather. If you are interested in taking part in any of this please let Barry Jones know by 1st June.

Comment

Originally posted by Grum View Post
                  As mentioned earlier, here are a few details of the planned activities:-
                  Fri 14th Drive out to Hadden Hall/Hulme End/Manifold Inn folk music festival
                  Sat 15th & sun 16th Various options involving a drive out to a place of interst such as Renshaw Hall vineyard or well dressing at Hartington (I think the wells are already dressed)
                  Things may get swapped around depending on the weather. If you are interested in taking part in any of this please let Barry Jones know by 1st June.

Geoff is this event still on? I have tried to contact Barry Jones but can get no reply to my email?
                  Rgds

Richard

Comment

I have just found out that this Merlin Owners Club event has been postponed until next year due to lack of take up by their own club members. Its a way off yet but when I have details of next year's event I'll post them.

Comment

Working...
                    X