Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi guys,

Think I'm in the right place, just joined after visiting your display at Stonleigh and deciding on a Marlin.
    Not owned a "kit Car" before, but messed around with cars most of my life, looking around for a car at the moment, retiring in a year so a "drive a round" with a view to re building it in the future would be great looking to spend around the £1000 mark..
    Just sold my motorbike as never felt safe, but I got it out of my system .
    Up for meeting new friends, and if anyone needs a hand with anything just give me a shout.

Steve.
    Last edited by Starchaser; 28-05-12, 10:12 AM.

Re: Hello

Hi Steve. Welcome to the Club. There are usually cars for sale on Ebay. Unfinished kits not registered can be a problem as Roadsters can be very difficult to get through SVA.
    I am sure the guys will give you any advice you need.
    Regards Liz

Comment

Hi Steve and welcome!!! As Liz says, keep an eye on ebay for a car - most will get mentioned on here as club members come across them and post to say whats where. Also, as a member, you have access to our own little classifieds section so keep an eye on that too. There are quite a few Marlins down in your neck of the woods so you wont have any trouble with both the social side and technical help should you need it. Again - welcome, howe you enjoy your stay!

Comment

Thanks liz/camernfurnival!

Yes been looking on ebay for a while now keep seeing other cars at about the price I want to pay and as I love cars so much I keep getting side tracked, so I hope one is not to long comming along,
        I'm after one I can make my own so not after anything mint as that would be a shame to mess around with.
        Yes I know you can have problems with SVA so reg/running but project is what I'm after,
        I talked at length to lister!! at Stoneleigh very helpfull and nice guy, said to join the site for help with picking up the right car, so here i am!
        I may have a bit more to spend but trying to work with what I sold my bike for and then spend some money on it when I retire next year.

Steve.
        Last edited by Starchaser; 28-05-12, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Hiya

Nice to her from you and also thank you for your kind words.

If I hear of anything I will let you know.

Lee is normally your man for Roadsters so hopefully he will see this and get in touch.

Adrian

Comment

Hi Steve just picked up your post welcome to the club, Marlins have been in my blood since I was 16 and now 36 so if you need any help please get in touch [email protected] or 07720398794
            I know of several roadster at the moment also.
            Regards
            Lee

Comment

Hi Adrian,

How you doing? I'm glad you remember us ( well i hope you do anyway lol).
              Hows that car of yours? On the way home I rememberd I never got to look at the engine, oh well.
              I'm hopeless when it comes to cars and ebay, might just finish me off, so many cars so little time mmmmmmmmmm NO NO stop it Marlin Marlin lol

Steve

Comment

Hi Lee,

You sound like A handy guy to know, as I said love cars but never got into the Kit car side of things.
                So how realistic is my budget for what I'm looking for ( ex wife ) boooooooo

Steve

Comment

Steve, welcome aboard, I'm sure something will turn up soon.

Terry

Comment

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the Hi!
                    Yes Lets hope so, I hate the bus and the girl friend moans if I borrow her car
                    Last edited by Starchaser; 28-05-12, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Hi Steve

Have a look at this 150827344460 on ebay

Comment

Yes I know Thank you,
                        I just flew into a state as with no garage and no transport I dont know how I could sort out a non runner!!!!!!!

Steve.

Comment

Yes thanks for the nod on that one, I have spoke to the guy a couple of times now, there is no V5 only for a spitfire??
                          guess I could get it for not a bad price but I think I'm going to have to hold out for a running/on the road project, and that looks more and more that I will have to wait till next year with the prices the way they are, may just get something like an MX5 as a run around so at least I can get out and about and visit the shows and sort the Marlin later.

Steve

Comment

Steve - dont get a MX5 get an MGF - cheaper and better looking! Handling not as good, speed about the same, but comfier inside! They are going for about £500-£800 for a half decent one.

Comment

Be cautious about the MGF unless it has had a new head gasket. The earlier ones are notorious for having a problem in this area. The new gaskets are more robust so if it has been changed you should be OK.

Comment

Working...
                              X