Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear axle parts

Message originally posted by: Simon Hopkin
    Does anybody know where I can get the extended U bolts for the lowered marina axle from? Can anybody recommend a supplier of new marina leaf springs and bushes?

Re: Rear axle parts

According to the Cabrio manual ?For screen glass, e.g. Sikaflex 221 or Bostick Autoseal 130 FC?

I purchased some Sikaflex from Merlin Motor Sport (www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk). It cost ?13.95 + quite a bit for p&p.

I also needed some black screen paint and after phoning a lot of screen installers, who could not understand why I would need to paint a windscreen, I found a small back street outfit that understood what I was asking for. They sold me several part-used pots of paint for a fiver.

When VOSA kindly gave me the opportunity to replace the windscreen they sold me a new tube of screen bonding goop, primer and paint for a tenner.

I imagine that the paint and goop are consumables, they have a short use by, which are not accurately monitored by large windscreen replacement companies and the tenner slipped gently into the operative?s pocket. Not sure of the moral position here but both of us parted with a friendly smile.

Comment

I?m not sure how I managed to answer the wrong question but I promise not to append before drinking at least two cups of coffee in the future.

Comment

Try YKC for the U bolts, failing which there are a couple of other threads with some ideas. As for new springs then you'll be lucky...Brost Forge (see below) come recommended by the Marina OC - they can repair/retemper leaf springs. For bushes try Earlpart (www.earlpart.co.uk) or if you want poly then Superflex (www.superflex.co.uk)can help.

Brost Forge Motorspring Service
        Unit 7 149 Roman Way
        London N7 8XH
        Tel: (020 7607 2311)

Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
        Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Working...
        X