Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you use to bond a roadster windscreen in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you use to bond a roadster windscreen in?

Message originally posted by: Don
    What do you use to bond a roadster windscreen in? And where can you buy it?

Re: What do you use to bond a roadster windscreen in?

According to the Cabrio manual ?For screen glass, e.g. Sikaflex 221 or Bostick Autoseal 130 FC?

I purchased some Sikaflex from Merlin Motor Sport (www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk). It cost ?13.95 + quite a bit for p&p.

I also needed some black screen paint and after phoning a lot of screen installers, who could not understand why I would need to paint a windscreen, I found a small back street outfit that understood what I was asking for. They sold me several part-used pots of paint for a fiver.

When VOSA kindly gave me the opportunity to replace the windscreen they sold me a new tube of screen bonding goop, primer and paint for a tenner.

I imagine that the paint and goop are consumables, they have a short use by, which are not accurately monitored by large windscreen replacement companies and the tenner slipped gently into the operative?s pocket. Not sure of the moral position here but both of us parted with a friendly smile.

My apologies for appending this answer to the wrong question.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
      Thanks!

Comment

Last time I had the screen out I put it back using ordinary black silcon sealant from a DIY store. Ten years later the screen is still in place and doesn't leak...

Comment

Check out Cabrio Forum "Cabrio Windscreen". I`ve used this stuff on all my build & it`s excellant.?7.50 a tube & you`ll only need the one.

Comment

YHES YHES YHES YHES YHES

Comment

Working...
            X