Steering gaiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering gaiter

Hi, I have a Marina 1.7 LWB Roadster built circa 1990.
    Can anyone please tell me where I can get replacement steering rack gaiters and what exactly I need to ask for. Thanks. Paul

Re: Steering gaiter

Message originally posted by: Peter Wood
    You could try e-bay there allways seams to be someone selling them, or marina.spares.me.uk
    Personaly I went to my local motor factor and got some universal ones for about four pounds

Comment

I thought the steering rack was Triumph Herald even on the Marina based cars?

Whilst on the subject... anyone know if the rubber connecting blocks on the steering column standard Marina items?

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
        The steering rack on Marina based cars is from a Marina, it is longer than a herald rack and has different fittings.
        The Marina steering gaitor also fits Allegro and Maxi, it is still listed on the QH web site.
        The Marina rubber steering joint is interchangeable with, but not quite identical to the one used on a TR6, available off the shelf from Rimmer Bros.
        We need a central repository of this type of info; part numbers, equivilents and suppliers, rather than having the info spread around lots of different posts. A whole new section on tech tips perhaps?

Comment

Thank for that. Indeed, some sort os searchable parts database would be very useful - is the webmaster feeling adventurous?

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton

I'm working on TechTips Supplement 3 at the moment, but might do a side-track to write the scripts/DB. It'd only take a few minutes to do, but would require populating from people in the know...

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
              Marina Steering coloum rubber coupling is still listed on QH/Moprod part number MRM377

Comment

Working...
              X