Brake Calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Calipers

Does anyone know where to get Marina brake calipers? Do any others fit? I have some Herald ones that fit but the pads are smaller. How about Vitesse/GT6, Dolomite, MGB? Alternatively, what is the next stage in removing stuck bleed nipples after the blow torch and grips method?

Re: Brake Calipers

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
    http://www.needforspeed.co.uk/pages/sbv_pl.asp?Vehicle=MOMAR01&PartType=BRE16
    http://www.earlpart.co.uk/

The top one looks different to the callipers I have on mine - mine are are dual cylinder whereas that link offers single cylinder only. I'm not sure about different models mind.

And as for removing the nuts, well the local garage refused to even touch my Citroen's when I took it for help - they knew fine well they'd snap and need replacing.

Comment

I had mine overhauled by Classic Car Parts of Chelford in Cheshire - not cheap but they came back better than new, including anodising that still looks good 2 years later.
      They are on 01625 860910

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
        Do not break the nipples off, take the old calipers to Dunstable motor factors (01582 663801) and he will get you a recon pair for ?90 ish. The old ones will only be accepted for exchange if the nipples are intact. Else try PowerTrack on 01753 842680

Comment

Message originally posted by: Clive Harris
          A good motor fractor should be able to source you some calipers I got an exchange from GB Motors of Leeds within a day, which was a very good service, just make sure that you order the correct hand, and all for about ?50 worth it to get through the MOT

Comment

I sourced replacement calipers through Halfords. They were very reasonably priced and they accepted my old one with sheared bleed nipple. They didn't look at it however. This was 2 years ago.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice everyone, plenty of options there. This forum's great isn't it.

Comment

Message originally posted by: d.a.rushworth
                worsbrough motor spares barnsley,have lots of old stock,bmc stuff,great guy,will acid burn out old callipers replace with oversize pistons,result-better brakes.so easy to deal with

Comment

Partco Sheffield. Absolutely brilliant. I ordered some brake pads from them last Friday and went to pick them up today. I walked out of the shop with 4 pads, 2 new wheel cylinders, and 2 remanufactured calipers. Price ?79.90 the lot. They didn't even want my old calipers back. Very helpful and interested in the car. They couldn't get rid of the stuff quick enough. I used them for Steering gaiters recently, again really helpful. A++.

Comment

Working...
                  X