Hello from the South Lakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the South Lakes

Hello, I'm Robert, just retired from a lifetime of building and construction work.

I have been involved building cars since I was a lad, My first car was an Austin Seven from which I promptly removed the body and replaced with a wooden body of my own making when I was about 16. I was brought up with Alvis's, Land Rovers and then Rovers. Road rallied Minis until 1989 I think. Have always built my own comp cars and always maintained my own motors. Owned and drove excavators, bulldozers and trucks.

I used to have a full workshop with Mig, Tig, Plasma cutting gear, Lathes, Mills, folding machines you name it! Most of that has gone now but I still love to create. Hence the Marlin acquisition, it should keep me out of mischief for a while with a little help from my friends?

My first car.
    Attached Files

Re: Hello from the South Lakes

Do you still have this Robert? It looks fab! And welcome to the forum by the way!

Comment

Re: Hello from the South Lakes

Sadly no Cameron, it's an Austin Seven I built while I was still at school! had a ton of fun in it but the brakes were almost non existent and it removed the front axle on a rock. I built a tractor from the remains then used the engine, coupled with another one to make a compressor to spray my fathers Alvis. I could fill a museum with the cars I should have kept.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X