Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster Alloy Wheels & Shocks

Message originally posted by: Doug Campbell
    After finally sorting out my engine and gearbox transplant, I am now looking at putting on new wheel rims and replacing the shocks for my Marina based Marlin.

Any advice on the size of rims, offset etc and also type and part nos for shocks for road use would be appreciated.

At the moment my Marlin has TR7 13 inch rims and
    hearald rear shocks for the front with the original marina shocks for the rear.

Re: Roadster Alloy Wheels & Shocks

The biggest YKC recomend is 15" clad with 195x50x15 tyres, and is what I have recently fitted - the grip and handling are transformed and IMHO is one of the best upgrades for the money.

The biggest problem you will have is finding wheels that fit, with the correct offset of E18 and a 3.75" PCD. I eventually got mine from Halfords of all places - they are Team Dynamics Monzas, you can see them on my www site...

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
      set of unused cosmic alloys, Marina fit on sale On eBay. search Marina in automotive. 5.5x13

Comment

Message originally posted by: Doug Campbell
        Chris,
        Thanks for the info, car looks great!
        Are the rims 6 or 6.5 and would you confirm the offset to be +18.
        Where did you get the folding hood frame from, I have a fixed one but never got round to fixing it as I thought it would be too much of a hassle to put up.

Comment

Thanks

The rims are 6" and the offset is +18. It's not actually a folding hood frame, just the hood rolled back and secured with some straps. (?1 from Wilkos!)

I sawed both sections of the hood frame in half and inserted some copper pipe to join them together when needed - that way I can fit them in the back.

Comment

Working...
          X