Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alloy wheels

Message originally posted by: Andrew Crowther
    I have a swb Marina based Roadster that needs a good set of alloys. I’ve seen Chris’s monza wheels they look great. I have been in touch with Halfords and they put me in touch with Ringstock who said they only do the mgf monza 15” with 195x50x15 tyres. They also said there might be a problem with the stud length being too short is this a problem? I can order these for ?344, which is a very good price, but I need to know that they will fit before Tuesday 6th Sept, that’s when the 20% deal ends.

Re: Alloy wheels

Yep, that's what I have and is indeed a bargain- not so good if you want 5 as a single wheel is ?108. Mine were ordered as 'MGF axle' as that is the only car with the 3.75" PCD. I had no problem with stud length.

Keep hold of your wheel nuts though as the ones they come with have the wrong thread for a Marina (not suprisingly)

Comment

Message originally posted by: Andrew Crowther
      Thanks for the info and yes it is a shame that it's not cheap for 5 off but beggers can't be choosers. I will just have to find a wheel cover for the spare, any suggestions?

Comment

With regard to the fifth wheel or cover; a cover with the Marlin logo costs about ?90 (and you have to talk to a very curt/stroppy lady at Marlin!), a regular fitted cover seems to be about ?50 - hence for the sake of a few quid extra I went for the fifth wheel wheel..

Comment

Message originally posted by: o
          Speak to a company called wheelmania. www.wheelmania.co.uk
          I spoke to the Birm North branch. They were very helpful and told me they help design wheels for/with rimstock and they could supply me with any style to fit.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Brian Gadd Club treasurer.
            Andrew. Very recently the club were able to purchase a large number of Marina spares .mostly for the front suspension, however amongst them ,there is a brand new set of alloys [ 5 ]. They are well known on the older cars as Cosmic Ribsters and were used widely.. These are brand new and still in the original boxes and will be advertised in the next issue of Pitstop. I m sure we can come to an agreement if you are interested ,please give me a ring on 01453 542135..

Comment

Message originally posted by: Peter Wood
              Hi, what price were you looking for for the Cosmic Ribster wheels? I'm not a Marlin owner but a Marina owner! Would they be available to a non Marlin club member? Many thanks Pete

Comment

Working...
              X