Roll Bar Hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Bar Hoops

I had been considering bending my own roll bar for the Roadster but reports of difficulties bending CDS (Cold Drawn Steel) tube has cautioned me. Even mild steel tube is not easy to bend well. I have found the CDS tube online but it's about £60 to £70 plus shipping which won't be cheap for a 5 Mtr length, so I had shelved the idea for now.

The other day I spotted an advert for a company called PP Cages, I hadn't hear about them before but since they are relatively local, near Skipton, I thought I would give them a try.

{:fr}The business of Protection & Performance (Evans UK Ltd) was acquired by the Safety Devices Group on Monday 13th June 2022.We hope to continue to deal with existing Expedition and Motorsport dealers, as well as supporting Automotive, Fleet and Military customers.You can continue to contact us via email or on 01282 842200.We request that you bear with us during the transition period as our response times may be slower than we would like.{:}

They use CNC benders and are more than happy to do a one off, bare hoop to any spec. So I asked them for a quote for a hoop with two 90º bends 955mm o/a wide and 900mm high. They have quoted me £48 plus VAT ex works. 2 - 3 days availability from order.

I haven't placed an order yet but they have been very helpful so far.

Re: Roll Bar Hoops

Merlin motorsport at Castle Combe offer a service too. See http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/SH...328/index.html

Comment

Robert speak to bob he has put some on his cabrio, may one day go down this route on my cabrio

Comment

Thanks Lee, need to see Bob anyway. Time... how did I ever find time to go to work!

Thanks for the link Chris, interesting site, still browsing my way around it.

Comment

Working...
        X