E10 Petrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E10 Petrol

I came across this article about E 10 fuel which is about to be introduced to the UK. It appears that it could have dire consequences for many of us! Is this scare mungering or something to be concerned about? If there is a cause for concern is there a fuel additive that would counteract the apparent effects of E10 on copper etc? Apologies if this has been discussed before but I couldn't trace any threads!

Re: E10 Petrol

Already discussed on

But any further information may well be useful.

Its probably of more interest to those of us with 1970's engies like the B series.
    Last edited by stevejgreen; 03-11-12, 04:45 PM.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Many thanks Steve much appreciated. It looks like the jury is out at the moment!

Comment

Apparently, the intention is to label unleaded E10 (10% ethanol) pumps with a notice along the lines of "Not suitable for all vehicles. Consult vehicle manufacturer before use"
        It's envisaged that super grade unleaded will continue to contain no more than 5% ethanol and will be the choice for older vehicles. This is obviously more expensive but I guess not too much of an issue if you are only doing a couple of thousand miles a year.

Comment

Working...
        X