Switches Dashboard Fog and Hazard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switches Dashboard Fog and Hazard

Hattie has failed her MOT. Not very surprised as when I bought the car from Terry he did say it needed loving. Well I love it despite the failure. It failed on unbalanced front brakes. Never mind, I am overhauling both front and back (see Rob Moneys' thread re Calipers). My current question is where can I get a replacement hazard and fog light dashboard switches. The external hazards work as does the fog, but the switch lights dont light up on the dash. Is it obviously the switches? Is it likely to be wiring? How can I test? What do you think?

Re: Switches Dashboard Fog and Hazard

Try testing the bulb inside the switch

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
      The wiring behind the switches is a nightmare in truth, well at least on mine, and there is no connectors to the bulbs at all. It's easy enough to pull them out (there are two small copper springs top/bottom which you need to compress to pull them out assuming you have the square block type) and check, use a voltmeter/test lamp to see if the wiring is working.

I'd be reluctant to take the switches apart to test the bulbs as when I did, I screwed them up royally and had to buy new ones.

I got my replacements from www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk, page 16 of the catalogue (at) a fiver a pop, but try S&J motors on 01257262881 as I seem to remember they had cheap prices at Harrogate.

Comment

Try Vehicle Wiring Products in Ilkeston ,Derbyshire for any auto electrical supplys.They have an on line catalogue

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
          Premier wiring as well : http://www.premierwiring.co.uk/

Comment

Paul,
            When I was rebuilding my roadster, I installed a new loom from Premier and posh new switches. I have a bag full of old wiring bits, switches, relays etc that you are welcome to have foc if you want - they all worked when I removed them!

Comment

Dear Pete
              Thanks. Thats a kind offer. I'll email you now.
              Yours gratefully. Paul

Comment

Working...
              X