Ford paint code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford paint code

I've just about finished my prototypes aluminium door mounted sidescreens and I'm now looking for the right paint to hide the blemishes. I think the paint I'm looking for is called ford Venetian Red; there are a lot of Roadsters painted this colour. Does anyone know what the Ford code for the colour is?

Cheers Alan

Re: Ford paint code

I've cracked the problem and sourced some paint.

Cheers Alan

Comment

Lets see some pictures of your sidescreens Alan, it's something I've often thought about doing myself and would be interested to see how you have done it.

Comment

Hello Neil

No problem however, at the moment, I only have hi-res pictures and will have to wait until I have the screens back on the car post painting to take some lo-res shots that I can post on the site. If you want to give me your e-mail address and can accept big files I'd be happy to send the pictures I have already.

Cheers Alan

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
          Alan,

you can use something like www.irfanview.com to change the size of the files rather than the settings on your camera. Failing at, email me and I'll do it for you

Comment

OK, rushed the job a bit but I've bolted the screens on for a couple of photos. The lo-res doesn't really do justice but it will give you the general feel. If there is greater interest then perhaps a separate thread would be useful. The screens are made from aluminium and, as I'm not any kind of engineer, apart from lots of time and effort, aren't that difficult to make. Most importantly, they work really well. I haven't yet decideded out how to make the car properly weather proof - I don't want to use zips if I can help it. More design work to be done.

Cheers Alan

Comment

Hmmm, no pictures, I'll try again later, seems the lowest res I can get with my software is 69k. I'll have a look at irfanview.

Cheers Alan

Alan

Comment

Alan, you can email them to me directly at :-

neil dot ryland at btconnect dot com

I can also re-size them to whatever image size you like (to fit the forum).

A separate thread might be a good idea, I will start one with your pictures if you like.

Comment

I have sent the photos to Neil via standard e-mail.

Cheers Aaln

Comment

Message originally posted by: jim mountain
                    Hi Alan, you couldn't send me a couple to if it's not to much trouble. Would br much apprecaited.

Regards Jim Mountain

j_mountain23(at)yahoo.com

Comment

Hi Jim

No problem; enjoy

Cheers Alan

Comment

Message originally posted by: Julian Haines
                        Any chance you could post a couple of pics on this site?

Comment

Jukian

I've made several attemps to do that but failed miserably. Perhaps Neil could oblige.

Cheers Alan

Comment

Alan,

resampled the pictures, hopefully they should be viewable now.

Comment

Thanks Neil, well done they look about as good as they can at this resolution. I think we can close this thread now and carry on with your new one on sidescreens; I've certainly seen others around so hopefully the combined wisdom of the club members can come up with something stunning.

Cheers Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X