Chrome windscreen suround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome windscreen suround

I noticed at a recent show that some owners have a chrome windscreen suround. Can someone please tell me how this is done? I have found a company www.chromeapart.co.uk that can spray on a very convincing chrome paint. Has anybody got any experience of how good the finish is?
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Re: Chrome windscreen suround

Message originally posted by: Mike Garner
    Hi Jon
    Were the Roll bar cappings Chrome finisheed or highly polished Stainless steel?
    Marlin used to offer these for the Roadster.
    I have just asked thyem if I can purchase one but have been told they no longer have them available the price is the same as the one they had available for the Cabrio which is about ?170.00

A chrome spray sounds a nice idea - let me know how you get on with this as I would like to achieve a better finish than a silver spray on my roadster.
    regards.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
      Didn't someone write into PitStop a while back where they had it done and it was a right mess - they ended up using Silver hammerite instead?

Why do people like them chromed anyway - is there a reason or is it just a personal thing (I prefer it a solid colour personally)

Comment

Message originally posted by: Keith Howell
        I decided to get my windscreen surround chromed (something that is much easier to be done whilst building) and got it done by a firm in High Wycombe that does all the Formula 1 garage stuff. It's not cheap (?120) but I felt it was worth it. 9 years on it still looks the business. It just makes for drilling into a bit tougher though.

Comment

Working...
        X