Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script badge

Message originally posted by: Jim Mountain
    Where can I get hold of the Marlin script badge (normaly on the front grill). Do I need to make my own (is there a pattern ?, or does someone sell them ?.

Regards Jim Mountain

Re: Script badge

I bought my last one from Marlin Cars

Comment

Jim, I have one going begging if you mail me your address and cover the postage. It's the origional Marlin cast and chromed one as I made a brass one from a tracing of the Marlin logo on the front of the build manual.
      huron AT roxanne37.fsnet.co.uk Hugh.

Comment

My son is also looking for one for his roadster if anyone else has a spare

Comment

Cut from Brass & then Chrome plated sounds like a nice idea. Maybe someone should consider a limited production run - but how would we stand on copyright ??. Still I like the idea myself so might consider having a go at a one-off. It could also be done by taking a cast of the original then creating one from casting resin & painting.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
            I've got one sitting in the garage, but thats going to go back on (more securely as well) when I get a new grille made up.

Does MOC not sell them?

Comment

Marlin Cars sell the script badgedont tell them what its for just order one.Another way was to cut up two marina badges ie -Mar- then one leg of the m fo the -l-then the-in- and glue to a backing of your choice.
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Have a search on E-bay you often see listings for two types of Marlin badge. One is a basic Marlin Script, the other is a Marlin script with Marlin fish motif. They are meant to be for the old Marlin Rambler american cars but look the part for our use.

Just do a global world wide search on Marlin.

Comment

Working...
                X