Cornish Run 30th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornish Run 30th May

I apologise to member Gerald Dinnis for the editorial oversight which omitted details of his proposed event from the recent issue of "Pitstop" - I reproduce his email below.
    Please respond to Gerald directly.

Hi fellow Marliners,
    My name is Gerald Dinnis I live in Saltash on the Cornwall side of the river Tamar and own a Sierra based Marlin Roadster.
    For us folk down here in Cornwall most of the Marlin events are too far for us to participate, so I am planning to organise a Marlin Cornish Run down in this area on Saturday May 30th, meeting at the Tamar Bridge car park (postcode PL5 1LP) at 10:00am then a short drive to Devonport to catch the ferry across the river Tamar to Torpoint Cornwall, then on to Bodinnick for the ferry across the river Fowey to the town of Fowey. We will then drive to St Austell and on to the near-by Roseland peninsula to catch the ferry across the river Fal and pick up the A39 to Helston and Penzance then as far west we can go - Land’s End!
    After a 2 hour break its then back up the A30 to Launceston to where we will depart to own areas and say our good byes.
    We will have refreshment stops en-route our 160 mile trip around Cornwall and you will drive some of the most tranquil parts of the West Country. A more precise time table will be available nearer the date.
    If interested phone me between 18:00 and 21:00 hrs or weekends on:- 01752 844772; mobile 07970732682 or email me :- [email protected]. (No Forum messages please).
    I will investigate accommodation if required, but note that the Newquay area could be busy due to the VW “Run to the Sun” which takes place over the same weekend.
    I look forward to meeting you all.

Gerald Dinnis

Re: Cornish Run 30th May

Hi - Some clarification please - May 30th is a Thursday - Thanks - Dave

Comment

I have sent a message to Gerald's inbox to query date as it mentions about not using forum, not sure if he is monitoring the forum. I will post a message about date if he gets back to me.

Regards

Dan Cook

Comment

Just Googled VW RUN TO THE SUN 2013. It is Friday 24th - Monday 27th May 13. Peter.

Comment

Reminder that the Cornish Run is 25th May. Contact Gerald to tell him you are doing it.

Comment

This is the precise reason for having a method for contacting members who do not use the forum. Here is a guy trying to put on an event in one of the stronger membership regions and he cannot invite fellow members who don't use the web. Can we at least add a question into the Membership Request form along the lines of

" Are you willing for your name and address details to be made available to other MOC members"

That way we will be making a start at collecting permissions over the next few years.

Comment

Working...
            X