I actually drove it !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually drove it !

Today, I needed to move the Marlin onto the drive to save it from weld splatter and grinding dust, (Gas bottle wood burner project ) but once I got her out and closed the garage doors, I thought, what the hell, it's not raining, lets take the beast for a quick drive over the hill, Once I remembered where reverse was to be found, off we went, the new exhaust, although still a bit loud is quieter than the Cherry bomb job and has a better note, the engine ran well, it was fun, it was cold, I never put my coat on, and the hills above Llandegla are always chilly, the laugh was frozen onto my face by the time I got back home, I think I also had the beginning's of frostbite in my right arm and fingers. I have to say, my diesel Mondeo will do everything better than the Marlin except make me and other folks smile and laugh every few hundred yards ! I have been wondering if I did the right thing by buying the Marlin as it seems I very seldom get a chance to drive it, but today convinced me once again, if I only manage a dozen outings a year, the car is worth having, which made me think about other Marlin owners and their usage - how often do you people get out in your Marlins ?

Regards, from a now thawed out Marlin owner !

Re: I actually drove it !

I use mine at least once a week in the winter. Last Monday was snowy but I did my normal 20 mile round trip and put it away wet. Yesterday I noticed it was still damp and salty so I took it out for a good blast in the rain to get rid of the salt. Then I leathered it off. Apart from the joy factor of driving the car which you mention, old cars need to be used regularly or, like old men, they go wrong for no good reason.
    Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Working...
    X