Relocated/Fitted New Airfilter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocated/Fitted New Airfilter

...and managed to squeeze it in without cutting a hole in the bonnet as I thought I may have to.
    Attached Files

Re: Relocated/Fitted New Airfilter

Looking good, any pictures of the whole engine it looks very interesting

Comment

Cheers, got the header tank fitted now (which is why I needed to move the air filter) - just need some better weather so I can get it up on the ramps outside and plumb it in at the bottom. I wonder if I can squeeze an expansion tank in too somewhere....?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cdow; 23-03-13, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Nice job Chris...I'm looking for a similar header tank, just out of interest where did you get yours...most I've found seem to have an angled lower spigot which looks like it might cause difficulties.
        Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
        Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Thanks. It's from Rally Design, not cheap but it's nicely made and I thought what the hell. It is angled actually but the hose slips on easily against the flat surface.
          Water Header Tank / expansion tank 1.5 litre - Base Mount Height - 145 mm including neck. Width - 190 mm Depth - 150 mm Inlet - 6.5 mm OD Outlet - 16 mm OD As well as allowing the expansion that occurs with rising temperature and pressure within the cool…
          Last edited by cdow; 23-03-13, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Nice job, so how did you get over the water rail issue ? Or did you get the conversion kit ? I have found a fabrication guy who can make you a expansion tank to any design you want and the cost and work is very good. ?
            Last edited by CosworthCabrioLee; 24-03-13, 07:54 AM.

Comment

It's got the Raceline bolt on water rail - is that what you mean? What sort of money is it for an expansion tank (presumably fabricated in Aluminium)? I think I might be able to hang one in the gap between the exhaust manifold and the side of the car.

Comment

Yes that's what I mean, ref the water rail, a tank is around £30 ish to your own design if you want his details let me know and I will pm you.

Comment

Yes please...

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Got it up on the ramps today and plumbed the bottom end in...all seems well but can't give it a proper test until I tax it for April.

Comment

Working...
                      X