Roadster Cycle Wings - progress at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster Cycle Wings - progress at last

Due to work, weather & other stuff progress has been slower than a slow thing...so Stoneleigh looks like a no-show this year. Still, have finally managed to get some bracketry sorted which feels firm enough. Not as neat as Pete's Sportster setup but the Marina upright coupled with large Renault calipers doesn't offer many obvious solutions...and at least the wheel comes off without removing the wing...! Time & mileage will tell I guess. Now to fettle, file, paint & do the offside...hope that doesn't take as long.
    Attached Files
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Re: Roadster Cycle Wings - progress at last

Engine & new gearbox installed & finally all coming together...more to do though. I like the look with a side exhaust but could do with a pipe either side for balance...V8 next..? Seriously I'm thinking cut-down Disco side steps might do the trick.

20130429_194338.jpg
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

The end is nigh...It's been somewhat slow progress car-wise this year...too much work & not enough play time. Fronts are done & now tackling the rears - a cut & shut job, plus some what I call "quarter-wings" just to give some depth width-wise.

20130824_183752.jpg

20130824_183824.jpg

Fingers crossed for Stoneleigh...2014...only 12m behind schedule.

Comment

Thanks looking good Jez!
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

What you need Jez is another roadster just in case you get bored

Comment

Cheers Steve...slower than I'd like but hopefully it'll be worth it.
            @Cameron - I'm quite tempted..! If a LWB Hybrid turned up in need of TLC that might just prompt a conversation with the domestic chancellor...

Comment

Keep at it Jez ......see you next year !

Rgds DC

Comment

Jez - just noticed your comment about hybrid, there's one in Scotland which was never completed, and has no docs....there may even be some pics on here, The builder died earlier this year, and as far as I know the car is still around

PM me for more, or talk to Ben Caswell

RGds DC

Comment

Voila...nearside finished at last. One more bracket to go for the offside...then I can start this winter's jobs :-) @DC - the Scottish hybrid did tempt me but condition & distance were, I felt, prohibitive.

20130920_093843.jpg

Comment

Are you planning to heatshield over the exhaust, It looks a little exposed?
                    MOC member since 05/97
                    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I hadn't planned to...

Comment

what you ought to do Jez is make some nice running board type wings to cover the exhaust and all that exposed metal.

Comment

You're a funny, funny man Cameron

Comment

Working...
                          X