Clear U profile wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear U profile wanted

Does anyone know where I can source 1m of the clear U profile as on the window channel below? It was an IVA fail on this Cabrio, so I want to avoid the issue for my IVA test.

Re: Clear U profile wanted

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Does anyone know where I can source 1m of the clear U profile as on the window channel below? It was an IVA fail on this Cabrio, so I want to avoid the issue for my IVA test.

Hi Mike,
    do you think it could be a length of shower screen seal with the seal bit trimmed off with a razor blade?
    Try searching 'shower screen seal' on ebay and see if you can see something suitable.
    Or maybe secondary double glazing but I couldn't easily find any in clear?

I can see something similar on the edge of the bonnet but that looks like Halfords body guard.

But I would use black rubber 'u' channel for the bonnets as you can glue them on.

...peter

Comment

Looks like the edging used on secondary double glazing sheets but might be a tight fit however I thought all these edging covers had to be fixed permanent now??
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I would second Peterx in using rubber U section. That is what was fitted to my cabrio for its IVA test. Unfortuanately the glue wasn't very strong and I glued only the back .......

My window frames were not an issue, just all around the wings and whell arches. Also I had to fit rubber covers over any forward facing nuts inside the wheel arch,
        Last edited by chris_cussen; 25-03-13, 01:39 PM. Reason: add some more info

Comment

Mike

PM sent

John

Comment

£14.99 b&q
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks everyone for your responses. John has really trumped everyone - he has the actual piece of U profile seen in my photograph below!

PM returned John

many thanks
              Mike

Comment

Two other options you might like to consider which do not require anything to be trimmed. The guys that installed my conservatory fixed a capping strip over the bottom end of the roof double glazed glass sealed units rather than just leave the ends bare and I used a similar product when I made my carport. I roofed it in tri-wall polycarbonate sheeting and a capping strip is fixed to both ends to stop water ingress but with holes drilled elsewhere as per instructions to allow it to breath

Comment

Working...
                X