Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• type 9 5 speed gear box

hi all
    i am a new member/ owner. my roadster has a 1600 xflow engine and i want to fit a type 9 5 speed box. Any advice would be much apprecated

Re: type 9 5 speed gear box

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
    Hi Bob,

There was an article a little while back about putting a Type 9 onto a Marina engine and Jez suggested that the box fits in the tunnel, but does require a modification to the tunnel to allow the gear stick to come through (about 4" IIRC).

Not many Marlin's have xFlow engines however, so I'd recommend you look towards http://boardroom.wscc.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi as loads of Westfields have xFlows

Comment

thanks Stefan
      i am suprised that the xflow is not a comman choice of engine. thanks for the address will take a look

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
        It possibly is a common engine, but your's is the first I've heard of. Most Roadsters tend to have a Marina B Series or an Alfa Romero twin cam (the original build suggestions).

There will be plenty of people who can do a bellhousing conversion for the xFlow either way - it's a damned popular engine put in all manor of different cars.

Comment

you will need a new cluch drive plate as the input shaft is of a large diameter.Try burton power or vulcan engines they can supply the correct item.consider the overall length as it may require some propshaft mods if the 5 speed is longer

Comment

Message originally posted by: matthew Sykes
            My SWB roadsters got a 1600Xflow in it too.
            Matthew

Comment

thanks for the info. i have received alot of feed back. it will be this winters project

Comment

Working...
              X