Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Berlinetta Prop shaft!!

Message originally posted by: Brendan Mudd
    Hi, im in desperate need of help! The prop literally fell out the bottom of my Berli a few weeks ago. The mechanic, who has the job of fixing her for me, has told me that the prop was welded together from two props? He doesnt know what props were used so could anyone enlighten us possibly? The engine is a two litre Pinto...dont know what the gearbox is from?... and dont know what the rear axle is??
    Would be extremely grateful if anyone could help.
    Many thanks,
    Brendan

Re: Marlin Berlinetta Prop shaft!!

Most Berli's were based on cortina parts[about a dozen on sierra] so if you have cart springs at the rear it's a cortina based model,in which case the propshaft would have come from that model of vehicle ,but shortened to fit.

Comment

I do not know of any Berlinettas with cart springs. If your car has the solid "Atlas" type axle, it is constructed from a Cortina. If the rear is IRS then the original was a Sierra. Contact YKC Engineering, they sorted out my prop shaft problems.
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Oops,sorry I didn't mean to put that,thanks Dane,must have had a senior moment!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Brendan Mudd
          Thanks guys for your help. I will contact YKC asap and hopefully they can advise. Thanks for taking the time guys,
          Brendan

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC, Editor)
            Hi Brendan, I had a brand new prop made when mine was about to fall off. All you have to do is measure the distance from the end of gear box to the axle and tell the guy its a Cortina axle and a type whatever Ford gearbox. It's more trouble that it's worth to mess about cutting bits off of old props. You don't have to go through YKC to get a new prop.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Danny Nelson.
              Your message was a long tine ago, but if you are not sorted let me know.

Comment

Working...
              X