Newark and Donnington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newark and Donnington

Nawark is celebrating 30 years on 15th and 16th June this year. I know the show is not as good as it was, but then what show is. Trouble is if they are not supported then the shows that are still running could go. We also have Donnington on the 24th and 25th August these dates clash this year with a rally run by Ian Aubrey. However if you are not so much into the social scene then bring your car, or just yourself along ,and enjoy an opportunity to talk cars.

Re: Newark and Donnington

I will be keeping an eye on the weather forcast for a one day dash to Newark an early start and 150 miles each way, always some good company.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Look forward to seeing you there Ben

Comment

If the day you choose is Sunday 16th, see you both there, bacon butties on me !!!

Rgds DC

Comment

Woke up early to look at weather. Absolutely chucking it down here in Cheshire so looks like Sunday will be the best day for Newark!? I aim to be there as I missed Stoneleigh due do work. Hope to see some of you there.

Comment

Originally posted by christopher.bogue2011 View Post
            Woke up early to look at weather. Absolutely chucking it down here in Cheshire so looks like Sunday will be the best day for Newark!? I aim to be there as I missed Stoneleigh due do work. Hope to see some of you there.
            Hi Chris
            Same here in Sandbach about 10-15 miles from you. Going to make the trip on Sunday weather forecast seems OK.
            Regards
            Dave

Comment

Hi Dave, that's great. I aim to leave fairly early unless it is absolutely chucking it down. Drive is probably going to be around 2 1/2 hrs so looking to leave about eight. Not sure of the quickest route but will probably take the M6 south and then cut across country somewhere!
              See you there if not before.
              Chris

Comment

Apart from the standard UK summer weather, a good day out today.....here are some of the cars.
                See you there tomorrow. Rgds DC
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by christopher.bogue2011 View Post
                  Hi Dave, that's great. I aim to leave fairly early unless it is absolutely chucking it down. Drive is probably going to be around 2 1/2 hrs so looking to leave about eight. Not sure of the quickest route but will probably take the M6 south and then cut across country somewhere!
                  See you there if not before.
                  Chris
                  Hi Chris
                  I think for me quickest is Stoke then A50 Uttoxeter, A453 round Nottingham then on to Newark.
                  For interest I think I will go Buxton, Chesterfield onto Mansfield then Newark
                  Regards
                  Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,
                    From past experience, Chesterfield and Mansfield are very slow otherwise I would have gone the Buxton route. Meeting a mate of mine at Newark so want to get there ASAP. Hope to get there by ten for tea and burgers!!
                    P.S. Just remembered my RAC cover has run out. fingers crossed!
                    Look forward to meeting you there.
                    Regards,
                    Chris

Comment

Coming from Kent so you there before lunch I hope. M25 permitting.

Comment

.....and another good turnout today. Once again, a selection of the cars that were there
                        Attached Files

Comment

Good to see everyone another 300 miles under the belt got home 8.30

Comment

Had a really good day out and for once we were blessed with some decent weather(wearing thermals was definitely an overkill). Great to meet and chat although I apologise I didn't get to chat to everyone. Looking forward to next year and hopefully will be able to make both Newark and Stoneleigh.

Comment

Working...
                            X