Bit about me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit about me

Hi, Im Mike and have just joined, I live near Taunton, Somerset, I purchased my Marlin Roadster about a year ago as a non running project, In this time a lot has happened personally and the car has not had the attention it has needed. Hopefully a nice summer will change this (we can but hope !!!!). The car was built in 1982 and registered as a Marlin, It is a LWB fitted with a 1750 Alfa twin cam,

Re: Bit about me

Hi Mike. Welcome to the club. Sounds like a project likely to give you great deal of satisfaction. I know there are a lot of members in the southern half of country and I'm sure that should you need any advice/help, forum contributors are a mine of information.Regards David.

Comment

Hi Mike, welcome aboard, as David has already said if you need any advise/help just shout, I'm sure someone on here will be able to help.
      Terry

Comment

Hi Mike, I am down in Lympstone nr Exmouth and have a S.W.B. Roadster built 1986. Only too pleased to help if you need it ,have build manuals ect so if you need a chat PM and I will send you my contact details cheers Chris

Comment

Hi Mike and welcome!
          I'm just down the road at Chard with a Berli. Hopefully meet up at some point, I'll be at Powderham in July if you can make it. If you need a second pair of hands with any big jobs let me know and I'll see if I can help.
          Dave

Comment

Hi Mike, I am David and live at Aller, Langport and have a S.W.B. Triumph based Roadster built in 1981. As yours is an early one, is it Triumph based? My partner and I have been out several times recently down to Lynmouth and up Porlock Hill. Mine is only a basic Herald 1300cc engine but with two "large" persons, goes up Porlock in second gear!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the club.
            David.

Comment

Hi Mike,

Brian here in the north of the county with a SWB Marina based roadster which will be back taxed again at the start of June.
              Welcome to the club. Your post has certainly brought local owners to the forum.
              Brian

Learning more about:
              June '73 Marina based Mk2 Roadster
              1800 TC; 4 speed gearbox; 4.55:1 differential with 4.5pcd (the rare one!)

Another interest -www.somersetschoolsathletics.org.uk
              And another - 'Tractor Doctors' skittle team

Comment

Thanks for the replies and welcome, So I may well be contacting some of you soon, As for the car Im not sure what it is based on. And hopefully I will post a few pictures soon

Comment

Hi Mike
                  I live on the Blackdowns 10 mls out of Taunton,have had two previous Roadsters,now a Cabrio.
                  Not the most technically minded of our club members but have managed to rebuild a couple of Roadsters so if I can be of any help let me know
                  Regards
                  Bryan
                  Stapley Bryan

Comment

Working...
                  X