Out for a run anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out for a run anyone

I was wondering why I read so little on here about folks actually driving their Marlins, we have had this long spell of lovely weather which is set to continue, so I ask, is anyone taking their car out, if so, how far and where to, I also wondered about the folks who don't bother and why that should be ? I might go and fill my Roadster and get up the coast, maybe Barmouth or Shell Island ? -- have fun !

Re: Out for a run anyone

Regularly out in and around my local area here in finistere, plomodiern, yesterday to Dz (Douarnenez) the fields way with my 86 yr old mum, she thought it was motoring as she remembers from her formative/courting yrs. solid top off not fitted rag job yet!

Comment

I use mine every day around local, and once a week Judy and I go over Exmoor to Lynmouth, or the reverse way up Porlock Hill via Watchet and Minehead. Last Saturday my local Kit Car Club supported a Classic Car Show at Culmstock, between Wellington and Cullompton, in aid of NSPCC. Next Saturday we are supporting a local charity in Bridgwater.
      Lots of people are jealous of our freedom, no top [that is just the car, and being able to go out any day [one advantage of being retired].

Comment

Hi Dave, yes I bet they are jealous, hehe, lovely area, not been down there for a while, some nice roads along the coast too, but maybe a bit crowded this time of year ?

Comment

Hello Tony, Finistere as in France ? not been there but read about the area, sounds great and I bet you attract some interest out there ?

Comment

yeap, correct, lots of thumbs up, silly grins etc, very few kits here , occaisional '7' tours etc

Comment

I've knocked up over 2000 mls since Mot in March!
              Mind you 820 of those was one weekend when I "nipped" up to the lakes bash
              Next weekend we are using her as a wedding car
              And in August we are off to France and Spain
              I have just had to raise my limited mileage insurance cover from 3k to 5
              Bryan
              Stapley Bryan

Comment

Morning Bryan, I must say that's a lot of use, I was just thinking about the noise level, do you have a two box exhaust on your motor, my Marlin is just too noisy to drive very far, unless I have ear plugs in situ and ear muffs over the top, hehe. Well, of some 90 odd people reading this there seems to be just 4 of us using our cars, hehe.

Comment

You can add me to to the list of regular uers. I've done 17000 miles in just under 4 years, and have been using it every day when the weather is OK for the 80 mile round trip to work. So last week I did just over 400 miles commuting. This week looks like its going to be the same.

Comment

Yep, used mine to go to the coast in Anglesey for the week. Didn't bother with the A55, but went via the Denbigh moors and passed Snowdon on the A5 then across the island on the B roads. Used her all week driving around Anglesey, never missed a beat. Silly grin on my face all week.
                    Gareth.

Comment

I was out for a drive and spotted the Clandon House classic car show show, so I popped in on spec. The marshall on gate asked me if I was exhibiting so said yes (still paid) - the Marlin did not look out of place as a few other kits there and drew admirers and a lot closer to the show than the car park!!!

Comment

Went out with our classic club friends to Shrugborough Hall yesterday. Very pleasant driving around Cannock Chase under the trees. Oldest car out was a Maxwell. Doug was navigator for the day.

Comment

Using Ruby a fair bit these days. Went to Powderham Castle show both days this weekend, 7 or 8 Marlins in attendance mostly Roadsters and last week went to the tip with her full of rubbish much to the amusement of everyone there, did a shopping trip to Tesco and B&Q, and general running about. Planning a run down to Plymouth tomorrow so the old girl is earning her corn. Love it. Cheers Chris

Comment

Out and in the Marlin - AND on my bike too!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thursday.......260 miles to Yorkshire towing the camper......Friday a short run to Skipton with Dave and Caroline Kitson....... Saturday mega Marlin day out up hill and down Dale and another 90 miles, wonderful evening meal with good company.........Sunday ....another 70 miles into the Forest of Bowland then an afternoon walk with the dogs along the Skipton Canal before a BBQ tea. Monday 260 mile return home in blistering heat back to Kent. Now that's a Marlin weekend.
                              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
                              X