Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seats

hi all
    has anyone a spare pair of seats with head rests for sale, at a reasonable price, to fit a swb marlin,i have the original seats fitted at the moment but feel i need more support
    bob

Re: seats

Hi Bob

Not exactly the answer to your question but I built my own seats from square section steel and foams rescued from a Toyota in a local scrap yard. You would need access to a basic MIG welder but the result can be far better than commercial seats and for a fraction of the price. Personally, I was looking for a seat that would use the full avialable width of the cockpit but provide support where I wanted it and with removeable head rests. I'm very pleased with my seats but having said that, I am modifying the seat mounts to give me just a little more rake to the seat back. We don't live too far apart and if you don't have success in buying seats I'd be more than happy to let you have a look at mine to get some ideas; could be a good winter project.

Cheers Alan

Comment

hi Alan
      thanks for the offer and the info.I will give it a while if no success i will get back to you. as for my winters project im replacing the gearbox for a five speed. A type 9 onto a 1600 crossflow, some say its no problem others say a bit of modification is needed.
      thanks again Alan
      bob

Comment

I binned mine for Corbeau narrow recliners many years ago and wish I hadn't bothered - the original seats were more comfortable and offered much better lateral support.

Bob - if you're selling your original seats please let me know.

Comment

Working...
        X