Fuel injection equipment+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel injection equipment+

Does any one have a complete fuel injection system for the Ford 2000Lt. SOHC "Pinto" engine or parts of it for sale?

Does anyone have this fuel injection equipment fitted to their vehicle and what fuel consumption do you achieve?

My carburettor version is averaging 15mpg! Is this normal? The car is NOT driven stupidly [well hardly ever].

Cheers Roger

Re: Fuel injection equipment+

Message originally posted by: B Gadd [ treasurer]
    Hi Roger I have a fuel injected Pinto in my Berli . It came out of a two litre Seirra estate of about 1985 vintage and apart from some alternator problems the car has proved to be very reliable. Given normal driving conditions , I expect about 33 mpg. Your returns of 15 mpg will point to an engine very much in need of a good tune up, and to stick an injection head on ,may not be the answer. e.g. what condition is the bores and pistons in , have you got good compressions on all four cylinders..etc The question abot where can you get a system from, other than a member, is from a breakers yard , out of a scrap Seirra, but you need to get everything . The electric fuel pump, fuel filters , a seperate return fuel line to the tank, th brain or e.c.u plus its wiring harness . Its not straight foreward but could be worth it when its properly set up . please give me a ring if you want more details. I will be glad to help..

Comment

Hi Brian,
      Thanks for your reply.

the engine is in good condition having just been overhauled, I suspect the carburettor. My 15mpg fuel consumption is round town, I probably get about 30mpg on the open road. Does the Sierra also have an inertia valve fitted? Do you also have an inertia valve fitted?

Roger

Comment

Message originally posted by: Brian Gadd Club treasurer.
        Hi Roger, I assume that the inertia valve you mention was fitted in the Sierra s boot and shut the fuel pump down in the event of a crash. My donor is believed to be a 1985 car which was the first of the Sierra type injection models and did not include such niceties, so I gather. However, in 1987 , mods were done to the system and the inertia valve may well have been one of them.
        If you are getting 30 mph on the open road , thats about it for a two litre,probably half the club members would wish for something as good. If you suspect the carb. then it is considerably cheaper to buy a replacement than go to the expense of fitting an injection system, and a very big plus , in times of a break down every one knows something about carburettas but there are only a few injection experts around,...Call me if you want to chat. Brian,

Comment

Hello Brian,
          Is there any chance you have any schematic drawings etc.for the EFi, pump location, pipework layout and so on for the pinto.This is my winter project and would be grateful of any plans or drawings,or indeed your own suggestions.
          Phil.

Comment

Working...
          X