X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster SWB or LWB?

How do I tell a SWB From a LWB?

Re: Roadster SWB or LWB?

Measure the length of the door from the top hinge to the rearest point of the door. 28 inches SWB and LWB is about 6 inches longer.Also some early LWB had an extension piece on the front wing to join up the back wing.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Keith / Ben,

The differnce is actually 5 inches, door length on mine is 33 inches. When I had the original front wings fitted (has cycle wings now) the extension pieces were "glassed" and blended into one piece - so you can't always tell from looking at the wings.

PS. mine is a LWB Triumph / Marina Hybrid - Triumph front susp and Marina rear susp + Triumph engine & box.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
        I tend to find that the LWB has an extra brace under the wing near the door handles. If you look at my site (www.stefancarlton.net) mine is a LWB and the doors look very different to a SWB - the top edge is much longer.

Of course, you could just sit in it At 6ft dead, I can't fit in a SWB and can just drive my LWB with the seat fully extended backwards.

Comment

I think the early cars are different too. I'm 6'2" and I couldn't get in a MK1 but fit quite comfortably into my '84 SWB

Comment

Ok on that thanks for replies its a 28 inch door so SWB

Comment

Working...
            X