Vinyl Glue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl Glue

Hi all I recently purchased a Tonneau cover from another member unfortunately his car obviously has a small or low steering wheel so there is no provision in the drivers side for the wheel. I have some vinyl left over from the interior so intend to fashion a steering wheel cover from that. my question is does anyone know of a strong vinyl glue that I can use? All attempts so far have failed.

Re: Vinyl Glue

I used to work for a company that made Vinyl Roof kits and we supplied Evostik Contact adhesive for sticking the fabric backed vinyl to a car roof. Follow the instructions carefully or it will not work. I think you can still buy small tubes of this glue so you can try it before moving on to larger areas. Good luck.
    Roadster MKII LWB. Built 1988. Marina 1.8TC based. B Series 1950cc engine fitted with twin SU HS4 carburetors and unleaded, big valve head. 4 core Austin Maxi radiator. All Marina 1.8TC running gear including 4 speed gearbox. Minilite style 15"wheels fitted with tall tyres to increase gearing for more relaxed cruising.

Comment

Thanks I will give it a go.

Comment

I Used Evostick, which you can get from B&Q. In the Yeovil B&Q they keep it in a safe so you will have to prove you are over 18!

As Sidon says, carefully follow the instructions.

Comment

Just to remind you Mark - make sure it is Contact Adhesive as opposed to Impact Adhesive. Both are offered by Evostik.
          Roadster MKII LWB. Built 1988. Marina 1.8TC based. B Series 1950cc engine fitted with twin SU HS4 carburetors and unleaded, big valve head. 4 core Austin Maxi radiator. All Marina 1.8TC running gear including 4 speed gearbox. Minilite style 15"wheels fitted with tall tyres to increase gearing for more relaxed cruising.

Comment

Great thanks. Unfortunately at 55 years old I don't think I will have to show my ID

Comment

Working...
            X