Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I am the person who purchased the unstated marlin lwb kit on eBay ,it was purchased in 1987 and has remained unstarted until now ,the plan is to put a Mazda mx5engine and drive train under Neath it together with its suspension dimensions look similar,has any body done this,guy in texas has done it to a Morris minor how hard can it be! That's plan a but could change.

Re: New member

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with the project, predictably it is traditional here to advise that (unless you have already done so) you join the Club, a very good value £15 annual investment in boundless help and Marlin knowledge .

Other better qualified guys will be along soon to give you advice.

As archivist I'm interested to know the chassis number of your kit as we are endeavouring to
    produce a full production list. Please send me a PM if you don't want to put this information on an open forum.

Look forward to your progress updates, if you wish you can start a thread in the appropriate part of this site. Seems to be a popular thing to do - and a break from working on the vehicle

Cheers Dave Cunnington

Comment

Hi

Would this not need to go through the IVA process, which looking at the berlinetta thread, may not be possible.

Dave

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum - hope you have great fun with building your car.
        Lee Hunter was considering fitting an MX5 engine not so long ago so I guess he may have done some of the legwork - in theory you could fit whatever you wanted as long as there is space and the MX5 lump should go in along with the gearbox - make sure it is attached exactly as Mazda intended...

As for IVA the car would need to go through an IVA test if it hasnt already been registered but the roadster should be more straight forward than the Berli Dave refers to simply because most parts would be used in the way the original manufacturers intended. Im sure others will have their thoughts on this

Comment

The Morris is an interesting project but uses a purpose built chassis so definitely IVA if it was being built in the UK
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

http://morrisminorowners.co.uk/about4692.html&highlight= The Morris project uses a purpose built chassis so definitely a IVA if being built in the UK.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

what is the basis for the Roadster? If it has a 1.3 A Series engine then try this http://www.twinkam.co.uk/shop/articl...DSCK003.001%26 I was thinking of this myself.

Comment

Looks like an interesting project for all you 'A' series guys!

Comment

Calling Brown Bear !

It's been a while since you posted, how is the project doing ?

Have you seen the thread on MX5 conversion by Paul in France ?

Rgds DC

Comment

Working...
                  X