Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exeter Kit Car Show Saturday/Sunday 26th-27th October 2013.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exeter Kit Car Show Saturday/Sunday 26th-27th October 2013.

My local Kit car club have a stand at the Show, and we have been asked to show additional cars to fill a space, owing to an exhibitor pulling out. I have already put my car in the Hall and there will be at least one more Marlin, a Sportster on show. Please call by for a chat. David.

Re: Exeter Kit Car Show Saturday/Sunday 26th-27th October 2013.

I'll be there David possibly both days but definitely Sunday. Hopefully the weather will be kind!

Comment

Saturday looks reasonable but Sunday......
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I can't go on Saturday. I cannot decide to drive there on Sunday topless or wimp out and fit the hardtop! No doubt Mrs C would like an input! The bad weather should not arrive until after the show (excessive optimist caption on!)
        Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone on Sunday.
          Danny.

Comment

Put the roof up Dane and advisable for anyone attending to have roof up and don't park in front as this year the entire lower level is for a drift display and my car was covered in tiny little bits of rubber, joy. Soon blew off on the way home though...
            see you all tomorrow

Comment

I had a good day today at Exeter, our stand had a lot of visitors, perhaps it was because we were not selling anything. Lots of interest in all the Marlins, 5EXI, Sportster, and Roadster, some people wanting to sell kits that had never been built, lots of people saying they used to have a Roadster or Berlinetta. I never did find time to go and have a look around outside, still there is always tomorrow. David.

Comment

Another good day at Exeter Show, when I arrived somebody was waiting to see me about my car, he tried other Marlins in the outside park but found mine without a proper seat suited him. I was busy chatting all day, met up with Danny and Noel, and people whose names I cannot remember, faces I recognise[must be my age or the tablets]!!!!!!!! A shame people were posting not worth going to, or that the weather would be bad, I think the people who attended enjoyed it. David.

Comment

Great to catch up with everyone today, a good selection of marlins outside and I thought it was fantastic to see some inside a show as well

Comment

hey Dave, it was fun to meet up today. I think that there were more Marlins there than ever before! I think the tiny area for us to show off our cars was a mistake as it was to allow the hooloigans so much space to draw their doughnuts.!! There were fewer stalls there this year and some sad ,empty spaces but it was worth the effort to attend. Trip home was squally plus WSW gales so I kept the hood up (wimp). I can't wait to see your ideas about the hard top come to fruition. best wishes to all, Dane.
                    Last edited by Dane_Rescueman; 28-10-13, 07:58 PM. Reason: Dislexia worse when tired.
                    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Like wise chaps, it was good to meet up with you all, and have a natter, and share some info. A good turn out of Marlins, and an enjoyable day thank you.
                      Danny.

Comment

Sounds like a good time was had by all

Any photos of the Marlins at the show?

Comment

Glad everyone got back ok, weather was interesting later!
                          I have photos of Saturday Mike but not Sunday, too busy chatting :-) will post soon.
                          Lots of interesting things to see, I'm liking some led light options, high level brake light, full body wrap instead of respray, engine swap (watch this space) and my latest crazy idea of a targa Berli...

Comment

Originally posted by HappyDave View Post
                            Pics as promised:
                            .......................... Thanks to Chris for letting brother try the car, the whole family will own a Marlin soon if I get my way!
                            Great batch of photos Dave! Sorry that I couldn't be there this time.

How about it then John?! Suits you sir!

Comment

Working...
                            X