today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• today

Oh we do like to be beside the seaside. Beautiful day on Exmouth Seafront but really cold, nice run out though.

Re: today

Yes I agree, a good day for a run. Our local club met In Taunton at 08.10am, 6 cars and 2 of them were Marlin Roadsters, and went to Bampton, Wheddon Cross and on to Blue Anchor via Dunster. Breakfast for 11 people at 10am, thoroughly enjoyed by everyone, we had earnt it The weather was cold on the face, but we were better off than some driving without a windscreen. Good scenery and wonderful views across to Wales. David.

Comment

I decided that although it's "cold up north" a sunny morning was all the excuse I needed to take the marlin for a spin to Barnard castle. I stopped off for a couple of photo's at Egglestone abbey and Bowes museum. The road between the two is narrow, twisty and as I found out crossing the single track bridge over the tees into an uphill 90 left under trees very slippery. Great fun if not intentional.

Comment

Glad to hear somebody else using their Marlin all the year round.

We went to Beer, Nr Seaton, Devon yesterday to hear a concert, played on the Wurlitzer organ. We had a good run down, lots of traffic but plenty of sunshine, coming home about 7pm cold on the face, still very enjoyable. This makes an outing on each of the last 4 weekends besides local trips in the week, one advantage of being retired!!!!!!!

Comment

We went to the Peak District meet yesterday. Absolutely glorious sunshine but cool on one's face. After clutch change Bluebelle running better than ever.

Comment

Am I envious of owners who live near the coast!!!! After a week of coughs and colds, just managed a run around Coventry doing some errands this morning, weather sunny but cold, so top stayed up but still enjoyed it. Happy New Year to all

Comment

Whilst being on the coast, the views can be stunning Ruby131 has a very similar vista to where I was over Christmas, being a mile or less further south. But on some days the views come with a penalty, driving wind and rain, and puddles that would challenge the ground clearance of a Roadster, even waking to the local pub can be a challenge.
              You takes the good with the bad.
              MOC member since 05/97
              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

The nasty weather has put me off Marlining for about 3 weeks but today I couldn't resist taking the hood down and going for a 20 mile run along East Leicestershire lanes and B roads - brilliant!
                Franklin, Leicester

Comment

I thought about going for a run on the M25 today then decided not to bother. Praying for a nice day Sunday.
                  Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Took a friend out in the Roadster today, hood down, to the Horseshoe Pass, then to Ruthin and Loggerheads and back to Chester.
                    It was cold but the coffee and sausage roll at the Ponderosa Cafe helped, but not as much as the pint of Black Sheep on the way home did.
                    So nice to have the first run of the new year and not miss a beat. Well chuffed!
                    Gareth.

Comment

On Sunday, Judy and went out in our Roadster to Lyme Regis, had lunch in brilliant sunshine, and then on to West Bay. Home via Crewkerne and the A303 to avoid Flooded road closures around Muchelney, and closed bridge at Long Load, Grade 2 listed and unsafe due to flood damage. We did not see any other Kit cars and only a couple of luxury sports cars with the roof down, like us. We hit water on our way to Ilminster three times, completely swamped windscreen and us, and a couple of cars covered us in water from their side of the road!!!!!!!!!! Still a great day out. David.

Comment

Working...
                      X